Free freight offered on all orders over $99. Any order below $99 will incur freight charges, calculated at checkout.
*Please note: shipping to Western Australia, NT and some regional areas may incur additional freight charges. Customer will be contacted to discuss and customer has the right to cancel order. In some instances an order may be declined if a prompt freight service cannot be sourced. Customer will be contacted to discuss options.
On occasion, goods may need to be sourced from multiple warehouses. This can affect shipping times. In the event that this happens, customer will be contacted to advise of delay.
We will endeavor to dispatch your orders as quickly as possible. Please be aware that payments made using Afterpay will add an additional 48 hours to order dispatch times, due to the order processing system. We do not offer express freight.
Bush 2 Bitumen Motorcycle Accessories sends parcels via Australia Post and alternative couriers with tracking. Carrier to be chosen at our discretion.
All parcels must be signed for by receiver. If no-one is home to accept delivery, parcel will be directed to the nearest Australia Post depot or courier depot.
Delivery address must match Paypal address.
Bush 2 Bitumen Motorcycle Accessories does not accept responsibility for delivery times once the goods have been dispatched. This is pursuant to the terms, conditions and times set by Australia Post and Couriers.
Optional freight insurance is available to purchase. This is offered at check out. Free freight does not include insurance on your goods. As we cannot be held responsible for parcels once they leave our premises, we strongly recommend that you choose this option, especially on high priced orders.
Ready to purchase now at Bush 2 Bitumen Motorcycle Accessories, SHOEI GT-AIR II HELMET CROSSBAR TC-2 BLUE.
The new GT-AIR II is a significant update to the predecessing GT-Air. This amazing new sports touring helmet will come fully prepared for the SENA SRL2 Bluetooth Communication system, features a larger internal sunvisor, and its aerodynamics have been wind tunnel engineered.
This highly anticipated release from Shoei is sure to please, just when you think they can’t get any better!
Prepared for SENA SRL2 Communication System:
- Perfectly integrated into the helmet
- No protruding operating unit
- Helmet design won’t be affected
- Shell in AIM
- EPS-liner system with multiple densities
- Mist-retardant CNS-1 Pinlock visor
- Stainless steel micro ratchet system
- QSV-2 sun visor, enlarged
- 3 different outer shell sizes
- 3D centre pad, detachable and washable
- Cheek pads, detachable and washable
- Multiple venting and extraction
- Inlets at the upper head and chin areas
- 2 outlets at the rear
- Dramatically increased airflow
- Integrated spoiler
- Newly designed chin spoiler
- Wind tunnel engineered aerodynamics
Ready to purchase now at Bush 2 Bitumen Motorcycle Accessories, SHOEI GT-AIR II HELMET CROSSBAR TC-2 BLUE
The new Shoei GT-Air 2 helmet is the long anticipated successor to the very successful original GT-AIR. The GT Air II is a sports touring helmet. Meaning it is an all-round full face helmet that has the comfort of a touring helmet. It has the looks of a sports helmet. Where the Shoei X-Spirit 3 is a real race helmet and the Shoei Neotec 2 is a real touring helmet, the GT-Air 2 kind of sits in between those two.
It does both the jobs very well, but if you are looking for a full face to fly around the track with, the Shoei X-Spirit 3 is probably a better choice. And if you are regularly taking weekend trips on your touring bike, the Neotec 2 might be the better choice. The GT Air 2 will perfectly cover you for everything in between. The original GT-Air was one of the best fullface sport touring helmet, so it was quite a task to improve this.
Shoei GT-AIR vs GT-AIR 2
One of the most visible differences between the old and new GT AIR 2 helmet is the design of the outer shell. The GT-AIR II has a more aerodynamic design than its predecessor. The spoiler is bigger. They tested it in Shoei’s windtunnel and made the spoiler in a way that it contributes to even more stability and silence.
It produces less drag and make the airflow go around the shell smoothly. Another difference compared to the original gt air is that the integrated sun visor has become slightly longer for even better protection against the sun. This was one of the few things that came back as feedback from riders across the world on the old GT Air.
Shoei took this feedback and translated it into a slightly longer internal sun visor. Especially on those shorter days at the end of the summer when the sun is very low, it is a great feature. It is perhaps good to mention that Shoei has left the number of layers in the inner shell complete and everywhere equally thick when installing the sun visor, the same as with the original GT-Air.
With other brands, often a layer is left out to be able to build in the sun visor. Shoei has not compromised on safety here. The outer shell of the Shoei GT-AIR 2 comes in 3 different sizes, resulting in a compact helmet with an optimal fit.
Looking at other brands to find a good competitor of the Shoei GT Air 2, you will first fo all notice that there are not a lot of sports touring helmets out there. Usually it is either sports or touring. And manufacturers then completely focus on the segment the helmet is meant for. The closest competitors we could find are in that mid-range level, rather than the high-end segment the GT Air 2 can be put in.
Other full-face helmet that offer an internal face shield, pinlock visor, high quality EPS liner and score on low wind noise are HJC RPHA11 and the Shark Spartan Carbon. The AGV Corsa R doesn’t have an integrated sun shield but does offer the other features and can bee seen as a strong competitor as well for the GT-Air 2.
We do have the say that Shoei is one of the few brands that has developed a helmet that is in between a touring and race helmet, the sports touring. Most of the helmets mentioned are leaning more towards race than touring.
Shoei kind of created a new segment here for riders that very often had a sports bike and at some point moved to a touring, but still love riding at higher speeds and keeping that sports experience in their riding style. This is exactly what this helmet is made for.
Safety Shoei GT-AIR 2
The GT-Air 2 has an outer shell, made of AIM (Advanced Integrated Matrix). Many other Shoei models use this exact same high-end material. This consists of glass fibers and multi-composite fibers in different layers.
This gives the shell optimum rigidity and is extremely shock absorbent. Another characteristic of this material is that AIM is made to absorb different impact scenarios. From the highest impacts to the lower forms of impacts.
Shoei is known for producing high quality helmets, and the AIM is thoroughly tested by the Japanese manufacturer. The GT-Air 2 has a stainless steel Micro ratchet. This has moved slightly forward compared to the GT-AIR.
This improvement was made, based on feedback from drivers. They have indicated that they find the closure too close to the throat. This is a known problem with some other brands as well, such as Schuberth, that they put the ratchet too close to the throat. This issue is tackled with the new GT Air. Also the ventilation was changed.
Nothing feels better than a sunny Sunday afternoon trip. One condition to absolutely get everything out of your trip, is to make sure you have a well ventilating helmet that keeps your head cool, even when keeping your focus on those higher speeds. A helmet that keeps wind noise out, but bring in a cool airflow and extract the warm air out of your helmet. A high-end quality helmet does exactly this. It keeps your head cool while keeping the noise out.
The GT-AIR 2 has a particularly good ventilation system. The air inlets on top of the helmet are more extensive and bring in more cool air compared to the GT-Air. The air outlets at the rear, that extract the hot air, are open at all times resulting in an optimal air flow in the helmet. This was not the case with the original gt air. This gives a constant and extremely pleasant temperature in the helmet.
Visor & Internal Sun Shield Shoei GT-AIR 2
The extra wide external visor of the GT-AIR 2 is called the CNS-1. The Max Vision pinlock ready visor is anti-fog, anti-scratch and comes as standard in clear visor with a pinlock lens. Furthermore, the GT-AIR II has an internal sun visor. As mentioned above, the sun visor of the GT-AIR 2 has become slightly longer vertically and the opening at the nose has also been improved compared to the predecessor.
The sun visor is called QSV 2 visor and it is DIN EN 1836 standard European certified. This is a European standard certification for sunglasses. It means that it gives you a good protection against the sun, to enable a comfortable and safe riding experience.
The GT-Air 2 is one of the quietest helmets available in this range. And this is quite spectacular for a sports helmet. The highly aerodynamic design, the 3D lining and the seamlessly connected visor, contribute to a high noise reduction in this helmet.
Shoei is a manufacturer that develops their helmets for an extended period of time in a windtunnel before actually releasing them. We saw this with other models as well. Shoei has also co-developed an intercom system with leading communications brand Sena, specifically for the GT-AIR 2.
Inner Lining Shoei GT-AIR 2
The inner liner is one of the most important parts of what makes a quality helmet. Especially in the high-end segment the inner liners offer great comfort, ventilation and noise insulation. Shoei helmets in particular are known for having a high quality inner liner.
The GT Air 2 is no different. The 3D anti-bacterial liner is removable and washable. But many other brands (lower-end) offer this as well.
It is mainly the material and different layers that make the difference compared to other brands. The GT Air II lining is exceptionally good at absorbing moisture quickly and also drying up quickly. The cheek pads are available in different sizes to suit your personal preferences.
The liner is equipped with E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) If necessary, the liner can be removed before the helmet is removed from the head. Furthermore, the liner is prepared for the SENA SRL-2 communication system.
SHOEI GT-AIR II HELMET AFFAIR TC-3 HI VIS
The new GT-AIR II has evolved Shoei’s premiere full-face sports touring helmet, and provides advancements in design, functionality and performance that ensure even easier adaptation to our ever-changing Australian conditions.
- Evolved design, functionality and performance over its predecessor
- Designed for seamless integration with SENA SRL2 communication system
- Wind tunnel-tested and refined aerodynamics
- Shell-integrated spoiler reduces lift and drag
- Noise-reduction technology reduces unwanted wind and road noise
- New, longer flip-down internal sun visor cuts down on sunlight entering the helmet
- Redesigned upper air intake shutter draws in more fresh, cooling air
- Enlarged lower air intake opening allows greater airflow into the helmet
- Large upper and lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves
- Three (3) intake and five (5) exhaust vents
- Wind tunnel-optimized to maximize airflow and improve negative air pressure exhaust suction
AERODYNAMICS AND NOISE REDUCTION
- Wind tunnel-optimised to strike the perfect balance between airflow and silence
- Compact shell shape with aggressive, streamlined styling
- Improved, airtight window beading prevents unwanted wind noise
- Reduction of unwanted wind and road noise through superior sealing and aerodynamics
- Enhanced internal sun visor system reduces unwanted noise
- Wider and taller field of vision
- Protects from 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures a distortion-free view throughout entire field of vision
- Comes equipped with Pinlock® EVO fog-resistant system
CNS-1 BASEPLATE SYSTEM
- Smooth and easy visor changes
- Shoei’s patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Redesigned base plate gear has an all-new “first position” visor opening feature
- New airtight window beading drains/prevents water from entering helmet
INTERNAL SUN VISOR
- Built-in QSV-2 sun visor is 5mm longer and gives riders improved, instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion
- Large, easily located switch activates the 3D injection-moulded inner visor
- Distortion-free view blocks 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
MULTI-PLY MATRIX AIM SHELL
- Proprietary technology integrates a multi-ply laminated fibre matrix shell
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibres and resin
- Shell-integrated spoiler with consistent shell thickness guarantees proper strength and weight
- 3 Shell sizes and 4 EPS liner sizes for perfect fit
- ECE 22.05 Certified
MULTI-PIECE / MULTI-DENSITY EPS LINER
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilising varying densities of foam
- Allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
- Precise placement of multi-density EPS material yields a more compact, lightweight design
E.Q.R.S. – EMERGENCY QUICK RELEASE SYSTEM
- Allows emergency medical personnel to easily and safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet
MICRO RATCHET STRAP RETENTION SYSTEM
- Patented 100% stainless steel interlocking mechanism
- Quick and smooth closure and opening
- Comfortable and easily-adjustable
3D MAX-DRY INTERIOR SYSTEM
- Fully removable, washable, replaceable, and adjustable
- Exclusive Max-Dry material absorbs and dissipates sweat 2X faster than traditional nylon
- Three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head
- Multi-layer cheek pads for comfort and helmet stabilisation
- Premium two-tone interior fabric and red stitching accentuate the unmatched fit and finish
- Optional interior components available in different sizes for a customised fit
- Breath guard (included)
- Chin curtain (included)
- Ear pads (included)
- Pinlock ® EVO visor and insert (included)
- Nylon drawstring helmet bag (included)
Buy now for free shipping on orders over $99 and 5% off RRP on a range of items storewide at Bush2Bitumen.